Post Bariatric Body contouring surgery removes excess fat, skin, and tissue from the body. This surgery is ideal for candidates who have undergone sudden weight loss. It includes removal of excess skin and tissue, giving the body smoother contours.
- This surgery can be extensive and would be performed under general anaesthesia.
- During this procedure, the surgeon will make incisions to remove extra tissue from areas that require contouring.
- Depending on the patient's requirements, the process would be performed on the stomach, breasts, arms and/or thighs.
- The surgeon will surgically reconnect the skin resulting in smooth contours.
Getting back to normal
- The recovery time for a body contouring procedure varies from patient to patient. It depends on the extent and the number of procedures combined.
- Patients should plan to take two weeks off from work and other physically straining activities to allow the body to heal naturally and without complications.
- Swelling usually subsides after a few weeks, but some swelling may prevail for a few months depending on the extent of the procedure.. Once the surgeon advises, patients may resume physical exercise within eight to ten weeks of surgery.
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of the human body. It can be divided into two main categories: reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery.